Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Northeast "Camp Shopbot" II

I want to give a hearty thanks to Bill for hosting this great event. I really appreciated the opportunity to exchange ideas and visit with others that sharing a great common interest. I particularly appreciated the opportunity to visit with Ted and Bill of shopbot fame. Thanks Bill for all your time and effort. I hope we can contunue this next year. Now I need to implement some of the new ideas that I gained this past weekend.

Let me second that thank you to Bill Palumbo. He did an amazing job of organizing and getting things setup! It was fun putting faces with names that you see on the forum, neat to see other people's projects, and a great chance to just network.

I've started working on a "Bill's Camp" article for Bill's Corner which I hope will be ready in the next week or so. If anyone has digital pictures from the camp that you're willing to share, please email them to me at billyoung@shopbottools.com and I'll get them posted. Include any names or other details in the pictures that you can think of; it will be a big help.

There were also a few video cameras there, and it would be neat to post some video clips. If you took video, please email me and we'll figure out a way to get them posted.

Many thanks again to Bill P,

Bill Young

superior@compworldnet.com Guest

I don't think there are enough "huzzah"s for the work and time Bill put in on this project. Those of you that have never undertaken one of these meetings simply don't understand the time and effort required. So, again, Huzzah to Bill.
    It is always interesting to meet new folks, especially those of a like mind. The camp gave us the opportunity to do so. It is amazing the different ways the shopbot system can be used. I know we will certainly never look at the system the same again.
    John Forney made a very powerful statement regarding the "holy grail" of shopbotting as being the vacuum system. If we add to this list the software questions, then I feel we are on the right path. I for one am searching for just the "right one". Hope to find it soon.
    Thanks to Bill, Ted, Bill Young, John, David and all who gave of their knowledge and time to us "pups".
    I will be forwarding some video footage to Bill Y. this week. Hope it will be of some value.
    Thanks again...
    Doug & Eric Strickland, Bob Richardson, and Gary Norman.

paul ace Guest

very rarely does someone go the extra yard for someone else anymore. Bill Palumbo went the extra 5 miles for us!!! i cannot thank you enough for the time and effort you put into fixing our problem. there still are some decent people out there for you doubters and Bill reaffirmed that that fact for me!!! Thanks again Bill, Paul